On Tuesday 19 June, we celebrated the achievements of those students who, last year, successfully completed a University unit through the Nirimba Precinct, Western Sydney University Access Program, while studying a full Preliminary HSC pattern of study.
This is a program only available to Year 11 students at St John Paul II and Wyndham. Access to this program is by application only and students are chosen on the merit of their application, their commitment to senior studies and their ability to be independent learners. Students who pass their unit of choice are awarded early entry to Western Sydney University and $500 toward their current educational costs. Those who achieve a distinction or a high distinction gain a scholarship of up to $5000 per year of university study. This is a privileged opportunity for our students and positions are highly sort after. Current Year 11 students were notified of the success, or otherwise, of their application in Week 8.
- Charbel Azzi - Financing Enterprises (Pass)
- Brianna Cassar - Policing, Justice & Society (Distinction)
- Jason Eishoui - Financing Enterprises (Pass)
- Matthew Graham - Policing, Justice & Society (Distinction)
- Ayla Gurbuz - Policing, Justice & Society (Pass)
- Andrew Smith - Programming Fundamentals (High Distinction)
We are so honoured to be a part of the Nirimba Education Precinct, where our students are provided with opportunities and experiences as rich and rare as this one.
More photos from the event can be found on our facebook page.