Students and parents/caregivers are required to fill out and sign an ICT contract before they are placed back on to the school network.
Below is a copy of this years contract so you are well aware of the requirements of both the student and the parent/caregiver
1 to 1 Stage 5 Parent/Careviger Purchase Laptop Program 2017/2018
Student Responsibility Agreement
Student Name: ___________________________________ Homeroom: ____________
The Catholic Education Office, Diocese of Parramatta requires that all technology used within the St John Paul II Catholic College network is enrolled/registered by the ICT Team. This means that in order to access the St John Paul II Catholic College network all students and the parents/caregivers must complete the following agreement.
In order to have access to the St John Paul II Catholic College network I agree to:
- Allow the ICT Team to add monitoring software on my laptop, which I understand will be used to monitor my acceptable use of technology in the classroom.
- Accept the responsibilities listed below and understand that if I choose to ignore them I will be accountable for these actions which could include the confiscation of my laptop until my parent/caregiver collects it from the College.
As a responsible user I agree that:
- The St John Paul II email accounts, blogs, sites, or any other computer based material are not private and may be viewed by ICT Staff at any time. This is inclusive of such things as iMessage and social media if they are open whilst at school.
- I agree to ensure that the monitoring software is not turned off at any time during school hours or whilst accessing the school network.
- I will log onto the St John Paul II network, any other digital device and online programs such as Classm8, using only my username and password provided by the school.
- I will only use learning technologies at St John Paul II (including the internet) for learning related activities.
- I will take care to check the credentials and reliability of any information obtained from the Internet.
- I will treat all learning technologies with respect and due care. Vandalism or any attempt to harm or destroy the data of others will result in the cancellation of my user rights and further disciplinary action.
- I will not access or store offensive images or audio on the laptops or other digital storage devices.
- I will abide by copyright law by not copying and redistributing another’s work and will acknowledge the owners of copyright works.
- I will not use digital technologies to harass or bully another student.
- I will abide by conventions of etiquette and be respectful of others.
- I will not reveal personal addresses or contact numbers over the Internet including my own.
- I will not knowingly introduce a virus.
- I will fully charge my laptop each evening in preparation for the next school day. I will not charge my laptop at school.
- I will promptly report to staff any inappropriate material that is accidentally accessed.
- I will transport my laptop inside the school bag at all times.
- I will ensure that my laptop is stored in my locker during school breaks.
I have read and agree to abide by all the expectations listed above.
Student Signature: ___________________________________________ Date: ____________
Parent/Caregiver Signature: ___________________________________ Date: ____________